Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Do all to the glory of God



Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God 
1 Corinthians 10:31


Lately I have been having a pity party. I was feeling like my "job" as a homeschooling Mom wasn't important. I mean, I don't get a paycheck doing what I do. Don't get me wrong here. I LOVE my children. I have just been in a rut. Day after day it's the same thing. I clean the same rooms only to get messed up. I change tons of diapers. What for? There's no fancy office. No promotions. No bonuses. What's the point?

The point is that God called me to stay home with these kids and to disciple them. This is God's plan. He put me here for a reason. Every poppy diaper, every spilled bowl of cereal, every load of laundry is all part of God's plan for my family. 

"Do all to the glory of God." I need to stop my pity party and change my mindset. I am not being punished here. This is a blessing. God chose me. He wants me to do the best job I can no matter what I am doing. He deserves the glory... IN EVERYTHING.

Whether it's in my marriage, weight-loss, child rearing, homemaking or my spiritual walk with the Lord, I will strive to do the absolute best I can... IN EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment