Friday, June 14, 2013

Healthy on a Budget

Sometimes in life you have to make sacrifices. This is becoming all too familiar lately. I've set up a plan to make sure that we can afford to eat healthy all month long. I've divided our food budget into 4 weeks. I will then meal plan for the week before I go to the store (using sales and coupons along the way.) I plan to make a weekly trip to our local discount produce store to stock up on all my yummy fruits and veggies.

  I am 99% sure that at the end of the month, we are shutting off the cable so I can join a gym. I've enjoyed the work that I have been doing so far but I need more. It's time to step up my fitness level. My friend that has been helping me is currently in training for a big event and she needs to focus more on her (my words not hers). So, my options are quit or keep going. I am not quitting. I've come too far to turn back now. Although my progress on the scale has been slow there has been huge improvement all around.

In order for me to be able to go to the gym I will have to completely change my schedule. I will be waking up between 6-6:30, showering, slamming a protein shake and then heading off to the gym. I will then get home in just enough time to pass hubby as he runs out the door for work. This is going to take a ton of discipline on my end. I have been trying to do a better job of keeping up on the housework. However, my 7 month old is going through some sort of a needy phase and screams if I set her down. You can imagine how difficult it has been for me to accomplish anything. I am also in the early stages of homeschool planning. It wont be long before the kids are back to their lessons (we start in August  in order to space out our school year and allow more breaks.

The (rough draft) Plan: 

Drink half my body weight worth of water.
Gym - Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings
Walking on the rest of the days. 
Adjust my eating a little bit more.  



No comments:

Post a Comment