Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston


Yesterday there was a bombing at the Boston Marathon. 3 lives were lost ( one was a little boy ) and an estimated 154 were injured. So many thoughts have been on my mind. There is an alarming amount of tragedy in our world these days. I have comfort in knowing that my God is here with me through it all. Sadly, there are many who do not have that same comfort. This world needs Jesus in a big way. 

I just keep thinking that somewhere in that group of runners was someone who probably started their journey much like I have. They traveled on a road starting at rock bottom and heading for victory. Yesterday, that was stolen from them. 

As I was watching the new coverage I saw a Dad running carrying a baby girl that looked to be the same age as my Sydney. I completely LOST it. The horror and fear he must have felt as he rushed that baby to safety. 

Another picture from the new coverage that touched me was that of a father pushing his special needs son across the finish line at the time of the explosion. 

Thank God Cameron asked me to tag along on a HUD inspection. I HAD to get away from the TV. After we were done with the inspection I had to run to Kroger to get a few quick things. As I was in the store, all the emotions of the day hit me like a ton of bricks. I had a melt down in the middle of the store. Suddenly, everything I had learned recently began to head out the window. My brain kept thinking about chocolate, pop and salty snacks. I felt like I needed "comfort foods." It was a rough moment for me. I finally calmed myself down and headed to the organic section. I would allow myself to have a modest piece of dark chocolate. I grabbed it and quickly proceeded to the check out line before I was tempted anymore. I was REALLY close to buying junk. Sigh. 

Today is a new day and I am refocusing. While I continue to pray for Boston I can't just sit in front of the tv all day dwelling. My plan? Keep busy. I plan to give the house a deep cleaning and to focus on doing "school" with Trinity. After Cameron gets home from work I plan on going for a walk. I downloaded a new App on my phone to help track my distances and times. I am looking forward to putting it to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment