Friday, April 12, 2013

Take me out to the ballgame


The Broker at Cameron's office was giving away a set of tickets to a Detroit Tigers game. I had never been to a baseball game and Cameron wanted me to go with him. He quickly snagged the tickets and away we went. I had so many things going through my head as we pulled into our parking spot. Could I fit in the seats? Could I resist the temptation of all those foods? Would I get hit in the face with a baseball? Could I even handle walking that far to the stadium? I was determined, for once in my life to not let my fears run my life. I was going to experience this with my husband and I was determined to have fun doing it. (Which I did and I can't wait to go again! )

We made it into the stadium and got to our seats. END SEATS! Thank you God! I fit comfortably in the chairs. Crisis avoided. It was super cold and rainy but we were enjoying each other's company. Then, the game started. My plan? Duck and cover. Thankfully no stray balls came into the stands where we were sitting. Another crisis avoided! The vendors walked up and down the isles offering sugary drinks, cotton candy, hot dogs, peanuts... You could smell the pizza and french fries cooking behind us. There was candy, soft pretzels, nachos, chips, hamburgers.... It all smelled completely amazing. 
I resisted all the temptation. I did not eat a thing. Not even with my husband eating junk next to me. 



 After the game, we headed to a nice dinner at Applebees. They have a few meals under 550 calories. I chose the Roasted garlic Sirloin. YUMMY!! I felt AMAZING yesterday.  Imagine what I would have felt like if I had allowed myself to consume the grease and sugar at the game? 

I have spent today watching documentaries on Netflix to try to understand the obsession with junk food in America. It's like an epidemic! 



No comments:

Post a Comment