Monday, May 27, 2013

On the go

I am going to be on the go for the 3rd day in a row. I woke up, had a protein shake to start my day off right I then packed my snacks and lunch to assure that I will stay on track today. I NEED to learn that simply being away from home doesn't mean I can't stay on track. I need to take these extra steps and prepare in advance.

Last night was super tough. I was over a friends house and no one in that family cares anything about proper nutrition and it shows. My heart broke for my friend's nephew who sat at a computer all day with headphones on, eating a box of Chicken in a Biscuit and drinking pop. He's 11 years old and he's obese. It's very heartbreaking. However, his father, also obese, often sits at the same computer with the same headphones snacking into the wee hours of the night. What are we modeling to our children today, America? Let's strive to be good examples to our children because basically, we're killing them if we don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment