I am trying to encourage my family to make better choices with their food. I've been trying to buy less processed foods. I've also been experimenting with some "clean" recipes. Today I decided to make some Whole-Wheat Banana Bread. I found the original recipe here. I made some changes to fit our tastes/nutritional needs. The kids are really excited to have this tomorrow for breakfast.
- 2 1/4c. whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4c. honey
- 1/3c. + 2 Tbls unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4c. black walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, nuts, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake large loaf for 40 – 50 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick.