Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Whole-Wheat Banana Bread




I am trying to encourage my family to make better choices with their food. I've been trying to buy less processed foods. I've also been experimenting with some "clean" recipes. Today I decided to make some Whole-Wheat Banana Bread. I found the original recipe here. I made some changes to fit our tastes/nutritional needs. The kids are really excited to have this tomorrow for breakfast.

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 1/4c.  whole-wheat flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/4c. plain Greek yogurt 
  • 1/4c. honey
  • 1/3c. + 2 Tbls unsweetened applesauce 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1/4c. black walnuts

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease pan.
  2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, nuts, and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla.
  4. Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not overmix.
  5. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  6. Bake large loaf for 40 – 50 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick.


No comments:

Post a Comment